Self-reflections are a great way to get an honest look at how engaged/interested the children are, in their learning (or particular topics). It also serves to value their ideas and opinions.
They were asked to reflect (by colouring in the face that best suits them), on the following questions:
- How happy are you with the mask you designed and made?
- How happy are you with the cape you designed and made?
- How did you feel about wearing your costume during our WOW show?
- Did you enjoy our Wearable Arts inquiry this term?
...and complete the following:
- My favourite part of this inquiry was...
- If I could change one thing about this inquiry it would be...
The students were then asked to share their reflections with several other classmates. I always enjoy eavesdropping on their conversations:)